(Effective June 8, 2016)
PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through your interaction with and use of Starquest.com and other channels, STARQUEST may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, company affiliation and associated interests.
STARQUEST may also collect Other Information through your interaction with and use of the non-STARQUEST websites, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
STARQUEST uses and shares the Personal Information it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Transactions. STARQUEST may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- Process Transactions. STARQUEST may use Personal Information along with, financial, credit card, and payment information, to process your transactions.
- Provide Support or Other Services. STARQUEST may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs and Respond to Your Requests. STARQUEST may use your Personal Information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, and to advertise STARQUEST’s products and services in accordance with this Policy. Your website visit, marketing experience, and communications may be tailored to your interests based on your Personal Information. STARQUEST may also use Personal Information in order to respond directly to your information requests or pass your contact information to the appropriate distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- Post Testimonials. We post testimonials on Starquest.com that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the Channels. STARQUEST may use your Personal Information to help create and personalize content on Starquest.com and related channels (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, and preserve information between sessions), improve quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness (including online advertising and e-mail marketing), and evaluate page response rates.
- Improve Products, Services, and Experiences. STARQUEST may use your Personal Information to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and customer relationships.
- Obtain Third Party Services. We also share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to STARQUEST, such as, analytics, event / campaign management, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, and other similar services. When STARQUEST shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to STARQUEST and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- Comply with Legal Requirements and Corporate Transactions. STARQUEST may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of STARQUEST’s business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
Some of the Personal Information uses specified above are not mandatory and may be controlled by you. Please refer to the “Advertising” section below for information on available use preferences or opt-out options.
We may use, transfer, and disclose Other Information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
STARQUEST and our third party service providers may collect both Personal Information and Other Information from a variety of sources that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions: From your use of and interaction with us through the Starquest.com and other activities such as sales inquiries, evaluations and transactions.
- Publicly Available Data / Data from Third Parties: Data from Automated Interactions on non-STARQUEST websites, or other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons and tools.
Although STARQUEST’s use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about STARQUEST’s current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions.
Electronic Communications Protocols: As is true when you visit most websites STARQUEST may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time. STARQUEST may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with Starquest.com, such as clickstream information (when each STARQUEST webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), or general geo-location data.
Cookies: Starquest.com uses a feature of your web browser known as a “cookie,” which is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualized web site use data, provide personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy. Some cookies may remain on users’ computers after they leave the Website. While the majority are set to expire, others may not expire because of their nature, like cookies that remember opt-out preferences.
Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with web site features and customizations.
STARQUEST has engaged one or more third party service providers to track and analyze both individualized usage and volume statistical information from interactions at Starquest.com and other channels. The service provider(s) may set cookies on behalf of STARQUEST. STARQUEST also may also use other third party cookies to provide advertising and personalization services in accordance with this Policy, and to track the performance of STARQUEST advertisements on their websites and STARQUEST’s e-mails.
Embedded URLs: STARQUEST may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of Starquest.com without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate Starquest.com, but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session.
Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies: STARQUEST and its service providers may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits), and for advertising purposes. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in e-mails and our online display advertising to provide information on when the e-mail or ad was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s e-mail address.
STARQUEST uses some third parties to administer a limited set of STARQUEST advertisements on third party electronic channels. No Personal Information is provided to the advertisers as part of this process, but aggregate profile information or Other Information, such as implied or inferred interests, may be used in the selection of advertising to make sure that it has relevance to the user. Some banner ads may contain embedded pixels that may write and read cookies or return session connection information that allows advertisers to better determine how many individual users have clicked on the ad banner.
STARQUEST may also use advertising technologies and participate in advertising technology networks that collect Other Information from STARQUEST and non-STARQUEST websites, as well as from other sources, to show you STARQUEST-related advertisements on STARQUEST’s own and third-party websites. These advertisements may be tailored to your perceived interests using retargeting and behavioral advertising technologies. If you would like to opt out of such advertising, you may do so by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/choices, networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu.
StarQuest Ventures, Inc.
PO Box 1076
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Telephone: +1 415.669.9619
FAX: +1 415.669.9639
Click here to contact us [Insert Contact email]
Cookie-based tools that allow you to opt-out of interest based advertising prevent STARQUEST and other participating advertising technology companies from serving interest-related ads to you on behalf of STARQUEST. They will only work only on the Internet browser on which they are deposited, and they will only function only if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies. These cookie-based opt-out tools may not be as reliable where (e.g., certain mobile devices and operating systems) cookies are sometimes automatically disabled or removed. If you delete cookies, change browsers, computers or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to STARQUEST. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, STARQUEST will notify you by e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail. STARQUEST will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or STARQUEST to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy, you should first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. If you believe your Personal Information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to this Policy, please contact us.
We may update this Policy from time to time without prior notice, so please check back periodically. We will post a prominent notice in this section of this Policy notifying users when it is updated. If you continue to visit this website and use the services made available to you after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
STARQUEST’s corporate headquarters are located at:
StarQuest Ventures, Inc.
PO Box 1076
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Telephone: +1 415.669.9619
FAX: +1 415.669.9639
Click here to contact us