What SQDR Does
SQDR provides data availability and secure data replication across multiple databases in real-time, regardless of host or target system location.
The solution moves data easily among your core relational databases, across firewalls, to other teams, or to the cloud.
IT teams experience an elegantly designed solution with minimal host impact that takes only hours to configure, not days or weeks.
SQDR is an Ideal Solution
No-programming interface makes it easy and affordable to implement.
Simple installation with graphical interface, configuration wizards, and advanced data modeling tools make product setup and operation straightforward, with no programming or consultants needed. The SQDR Driver bundle includes licenses for high-performance ODBC drivers for IBM Db2, Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server. Depending on your requirements, snapshot, incremental, and bi-directional replication are available. A single SQDR license is needed for source and destination databases, regardless of how many tables are replicated, delivering extremely low total cost of ownership.
Speedy and agile.
Replicate multiple tables concurrently in heterogeneous environments, such as between IBM Db2 or Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server or between IBM Db2, Oracle, Informix, and MySQL. The SQDR solution provides reliable, high-speed, affordable replication for any relational database accessible via ODBC. SQDR leverages native data-loading functions, and exploits multithreaded processing to provide fast, reliable performance for replicating multiple tables concurrently.
Powerful, flexible, and secure.
StarQuest gives you greater control by allowing you to choose replication of data you want with both vertical and selected horizontal partitioning. Replace existing tables or merge on a row-by-row basis. SQDR also supports derived destination columns and data transformations, including automatic and customized conversion and selection of dates, views, indexes, and constraints. While flexible, SQDR fully enforces enterprise security mechanisms by integrating with both SQL Server/Windows security and the native security of your Db2 system.
Deployed on a thin server, ultra-low footprint.
SQDR can process millions of changes per hour at a near zero footprint, avoiding any burden on your production or host databases. With no need to install or upgrade software on the source or target systems, deployment is fast and downtime is zero for migrations or upgrades. Our database-neutral SQDR data replication tools give you the highest performance at the lowest impact.
Provided under flexible licensing.
StarQuest provides an affordable data replication solution, especially compared to other enterprise-level replication products. The SQDR license model is independent of the number of cores of either the source or destination DBMS - so customers only pay for the capacity required to support their replication processing load. Development/QA and Disaster Recovery (DR) pricing discounts are also provided.
Databases Supported by SQDR
Actian Pervasive PSQL*
Db2 for z/OS*
Google Cloud SQL for MySQL
IBM Db2 for i
Microsoft Azure SQL
Microsoft SQL Server 2000* and 2005*
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later
Oracle 11g and later
*Snapshot replication only
Clients Supported by SQDR
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Linux x86-64
(AMD64 & Intel EM64T)
SQDR Technical Details
- Incremental replication (mirroring)
- Snapshot replication (full refresh)
- Bidirectional replication
- Flexible replication scheduling and filtering
- Change Data Apply preserves transactional integrity
- Uses high-performance bulk-loading technology featuring restart checkpoints and multithreaded operation
- Subscription grouping and multi-channel apply of change data
- Compressed Change Data
- Centralized “published” control of tables published for replication
- Audit trail features (change timestamp, job identification, unique identifier, delete as update options)
- No-maintenance window: Refresh uses shared locks — operates concurrently with production
- Transaction replay
- Performance statistics
- GUI-based interfaces for control and configuration featuring easy-to-use wizards
- Replication of views, indexes, and constraints
- Automatic conversion of data types, including up-conversion to Unicode
- Customizable conversion of data types
- Automatic Data Modeling (dynamic creation of destination objects including automatic mapping of column attributes while permitting user-defined customizations)
- Vertical (column picking) & Horizontal (row selection criteria) definitions
- Ability to define columns using built-in macros to access change data audit information
- Support for standard SQL functions to transform existing data
- Import of table and column mapping definitions
- SQL processing before or after full-refresh
- Comprehensive scripting tools
- Push changes to message buses using XML-formatted messages
- Schema change notifications
- Event log and email notifications
- Remote Journal support
- Multi-member support
- Support for Minimize Entry Data (MINENTDTA) and (*AFTER)
SQDR Deployment Support
Every SQDR deployment receives access to our standard support services:
Experienced installation and configuration assistance that gets your data flowing in hours, not weeks.
Support experts who know your system, not generalists who may not understand data replication.
Extensive diagnostic expertise and support for related systems.
Mission-critical support you can count on to keep your systems running and data available.
Extended support agreements are also available.
- Defined SLAs and 24×7 support
- Installation verification services
- Escalated treatment of support issues
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance
- Performance tuning
- Upgrade service performed by StarQuest
- Consistent application of time-tested best practices to ensure secure, reliable and efficient operation
Our customer service team is regarded as one of the best in the business, with customers referring to us as “The best vendor support I have ever encountered.”
Looking for more information on SQDR?
We’ve put together additional documentation on some common technical questions here.
Ready to see SQDR in action?
The best way to determine if SQDR meets your requirements is to demo the solution in action using your DBMS(s) of choice.
If you’d like to view the solution and ask technical questions related to your specific needs, get in touch with us today.
* Indicates required field