Zero Downtime Cloud Migration with SQDR
Cloud Migration Overview
Companies are increasingly leveraging cloud storage for its scalability, reliability, and availability. The cloud can reduce operational costs, facilitate geographical expansion, and offer disaster recovery improvements, among other benefits.
However, migrating to the cloud can also be expensive, time-consuming, and pose serious risks. Few companies can afford days of downtime and re-establishing mission-critical operations can be fraught and challenging.
StarQuest Data Replicator (SQDR) solves this challenge by utilizing data replication to eliminate downtime. SQDR creates the ideal test environment by creating a full copy of existing data that is migrated incrementally to the cloud environment with sub-second latency if need be. This mirror stays accurate and current and can be tested and otherwise manipulated to ensure that all key functions will be fully operational post-migration.Zero downtime migration offers a smooth transition that provides benefits to the whole organization:
- Information Technology Team
- Ideal Test Environment – IT pros can fully test architecture to ensure functionality post-migration
- Fully Functional Training Environment – Once the migration is optimized, the IT team can demonstrate the new architecture to key stakeholders as if it were live
- Limited Risk – Zero downtime migration inspires confidence that IT upgrades will be well executed without negative impact on existing business
- Certainty – Knowing that systems will only go live once they are fully functional, gives executives the confidence to commit to and plan investments based on cloud architecture
- Key Stakeholders
- Opportunity to identify and address challenge posed by new architecture before transition
- Training window to train staff on new systems before switchover is complete
If your company is considering a full or partial migration from, from example, IBM DB2 or Oracle to a cloud-based system such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or Google Cloud, please contact us at www.starquest.com/interest/sqdr.